Low Pass Filter, VCA, and Distortion with Brass Touchpoints
The 100 Grit is a touch-controlled distortion unit inspired by the output section of a vintage synthesizer. Sonically it can range from subtle tone shaping to complete sonic obliteration depending on the positions of the knobs and output chosen.
The touchpoints enable touch-controlled resistive patching between the cv points (gain, frequency, and resonance), sensitive points in the distortion circuit, and different distortion outputs for a mix of touch-controlled audio rate modulation and crackle box-like noise freakouts.
A plethora of feedback paths allowing it to operate as a hands-on performance instrument with or without any input.
- 8 brass touchpoints
- 2 inputs to transistor core low pass filter
- Voltage control over frequency, resonance, and gain
- OTA VCA with soft saturation characteristics
- Distortion circuit based around a vintage headphone amplifier driven into instability
- Three position x100 gain switch with off, on, and momentary on settings
- Each input and cv input is normalled to a different feedback path (6 total)
- Seperate outputs for the VCA and distortion
- Can operate as a vintage voiced VCA and LPF or a screaming distortion and noise effect
- All analog design
- 14 HP
- Skiff friendly 25mm depth
- POWER DRAW: +12V 55mA, -12V 70mA