The Zachteman Is A Mini Mellotron Made From A Walkman*.
A walkman with extension circuit that is powered by the walkman itself controlling the Walkmans playback speed with buttons linked to the pots above them. It is a simple device that makes it possible to playback tape in very slow speed and switch between selected speeds, intuitive and playful.
- cv in for playback speed control (2v to 12v DC).
- gated override for the LFO vibrato (1v to 12v DC).
- 9x pot for playback speed per push button momentary switch.
- 1x pot for LFO vibrato speed.
- 1x pot for vibrato amount.
- 1x ON/OFF push button switch for 1st playback speed pot switch override.
- 1x ON/OFF push button switch for inverting momentary activation of vibrato momentary button.
- 3v DC
- 2x AA battery
The range of the speed control pots is different when powered from a battery.
- DIY kits