PATCH & TWEAK with Moog
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog is the result of more than a year of collaboration with electronic music icons, established and emerging artists, and Moog employee-owners.
The book focuses extensively on all five Moog semi-modular analog synthesizers: Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, and Matriarch. These modern electronic instruments, each unique in sonic character and functionality, are inspired by the original analog circuitry of the very first modular synthesizers developed by Bob Moog in the 1960s.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog offers an empowering experience for artists at any point in their journey of exploring synthesis and sound.
Whether you are new to modular or looking for creative perspectives to expand your process, this book will inspire you to create.
The Book for Fans of Moog and Modular Synths
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog is the ultimate resource for Moog synthesizer enthusiasts and musicians of all skill levels interested in an immersive modular synthesis experience.
Opening with a foreword from acclaimed film score composer Hans Zimmer, this hardcover book by Kim Bjørn features 200 pages full of synthesizer techniques, creative patch ideas, sound design tips, professional artist interviews, in-depth discussions with Moog engineers, and a glimpse into the company's remarkable history. The book's primary focus is Moog's well-loved line of semi-modular analog synthesizers: Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, and Matriarch.
30 In-Depth Artist & Engineer Interviews
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog brings readers inside the creative minds of composers, producers, and performing artists like Suzanne Ciani, Trent Reznor, Lisa Bella Donna, Paris Strother, Hannes Bieger, Stranger Things composers Michael Stein and Kyle Dixon, and Moog synthesizer co-inventor Herb Deutsch in detailed interviews featuring patching tips and tricks for musicians of all skill levels.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog Features:
- 100+ patch and sound design tips
- 30+ interviews with artists and makers
- 50+ years beautifully visualized timeline of Moog instruments
- Introduction to modular synthesis concepts
- Specific overviews, tips, and techniques for each Moog semi-modular instrument
- Advanced tips and patches for more advanced modular users
- Tips for integration with external gear and Eurorack modules
- Interviews, patches, and tips from artists and composers
- Insider interviews with Moog engineers and a look into the company's factory in Asheville, North Carolina
- The history of Bob Moog, Moog Music, and the many Moog synthesizers
- Big, colorful, and square: 200 pages, hardcover
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog is the result of more than a year of extensive collaboration between Moog employees, author Kim Bjørn, editor Mike Metlay, electronic music icons, and established and emerging artists.
PATCH & TWEAK with Moog has the same big and square format as our first three books and is also the first in a series with a specific focus. We cut down on the number of pages to create a more affordable, but still immensely interesting entry to our books, and passion for electronic music instruments, their makers and masters.
Get stories, inspiration, and hands-on patch tips from
Trent Reznor, Mark Isham, Suzanne Ciani, and Stranger Things composers Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein – as well as Denys Andriyanov of Woo York, Hannes Bieger, King Britt, Daedelus, Danz, Drum & Lace, Bana Haffar, Lightbath, LP Giobbi, MACK, Daniel Miller, mini bear, Mylar Melodies, Noir Et Blanc Vie, Sarah Schachner, Paris Strother of We Are KING, Synth Witch, Therminal C, Adrian Younge, and Moog luminaries Herb Deutsch, Hideki Matsutake, and Lisa Bella Donna.
The PATCH & TWEAK with… Series from BJOOKS covers:
• Creative music-making with the latest electronic music gear
• Illustrated tips and tricks, complete with example patches
• Artist and maker interviews with information you can put to use
• Ideas for expanding and improving your setup