Mutable Instruments – Edges
Only 1 left in stock
Quad chiptune audio generator
The first 3 channels are square/pulse digital oscillators, generated by subdivisions of a 4 MHz clock. 5 preset duty cycles settings are available from 50% to 95%. In addition, channel 4′s CV input can be used as a PWM CV for channels 1 to 3, with a 120° dephasing between each channel.
Channel 2 can be hardsynced to channel 1. Channel 2 and 3 are also equipped with a XOR ring-modulator, blending their harmonics with those of Channel 1.
The fourth channel uses a 12-bit DAC without oversampling/reconstruction filter to generate low-fi waveforms at a 48kHz sample rate. The available waveforms are sine, triangle, NES triangle, and various flavors of pitched LSFR noise.
- Optional semitone quantizer on the pitch CV input.
- Per-channel mini step sequencer (8 steps) – perfect for creating rapid fire arpeggios. When the sequencer is active, the GATE input works instead as a CLOCK input.
- Auto-calibrate feature digitally scaling the 1 V/Oct CV input to compensate for inaccuracies in CV converters… or to be used creatively to achieve other tunings than 1 V/Oct.
- Units manufactured before september 2015 require a 5V voltage source (for example Mutable Instruments Volts).
- All inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 2 kHz.
- Channel 1 to 3: 4MHz, 1-bit.
- Channel 4: 48kHz, 12-bit.
- Open-source hardware and firmware.
- Current consumption: +12V: 70mA ; -12V: 20mA.